Working in the Engineering Service Center – ESC – of Ikaros Solar, based in Lisbon, Portugal, but working with several group offices around the globe.
The Design Engineer will be the main group contact point of all civil construction, mechanical design, building stability and structural matters. Support external teams or perform the evaluation of the impact of the photovoltaic systems on the existing building structures, review stability studies and aero dynamical and structural analysis, as well as other construction subjects.
• Pre-sales engineering: technical support of the sales team; review of structural and stability information of buildings, feasibility design and analysis of possible reinforcements together with external parties where needed.
• Project: detailed mechanical and structural design of the contracted projects in the field of (building) stability, structural reinforcements, mounting systems, required ballast options and optimization of distributed weight.
• For ground mounted projects, concrete ballast support, roads, fences, trenches and other civil subjects as well as safety regulations and implementation will be applied.
• Procurement and Construction: Preparation of technical specifications / scope of work / bill of materials / cost estimations / detailed drawings and schematics.
You will serve as the technical central point of contact for all support structure suppliers, in support to our Procurement Center based in Singapore.
• Support project managers with the correct deliverables and deadlines for the project. (e.g. BOM’s).
• Follow-up and inspect (civil and mechanical) contracting works on-site to ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, construction and safety standards.
• Global: Interact and cooperate closely with our engineering departments in other countries.
• Contributes to on-going learning, personally and at the team level -regarding overall system optimization and ongoing cost reduction efforts.
•In-depth knowledge of material properties and their interactions. In-depth knowledge of material properties and their interactions.
• Minimum of 5 years’ Experience in Civil/Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Master degree required.
• Experience in managing a group of people.
• 5+ years of design engineering experience.
• Professional working experience with building stability studies and reinforcements, aero dynamical studies structural design.
• Strong engineering background, knowledge of construction materials and their interaction (e.g. corrosion issues between different metals) and field/practical experience.
• Proficient in EUROCODE as well as other construction codes, standards and practices.
• Working knowledge of photovoltaic systems design is a plus.
• Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Stability Design Software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English language experience is required).
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Valid driver’s license.
• A financially stable company in a dynamic market environment
• A company with respect for the environment and values sustainability
• An interesting function with lots of variation in a framework that allows to take initiative
• Competitive salary with extra benefits